cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need sample size 100% just if there is reject result

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use sampling scheme, but if we have one reject result in inspection characteristic we are required to sample 100% for the same inspection characteristic in the same inspection lot. How can we do this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

The problem that I do not need to check the ones that were checked in the previous MIC.

For example: lot size 100, sample size 20 for the previous MIC, if reject, I need to check 80 and not 100.

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

for the example you mentioned, considering the lot size is 100, and if you inspect 20 and reject, set the new characteristic at 80% inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not always 80%. For the new MIC I need to define the sample before I will know the lot size A and sample size of the previous MIC B. The sample size for the new MIC C has to be calculate :

C = A - B , How to do this ?

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can achieve such requirement by using dependent multiple sample functionality.

If the initial sample is defective, the system can extend the scope of the sample using the sample scheme.

Please investigate this option and let me know if it solves your requirement.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the initial sample is defective, the system can extend the scope of the sample using the sample scheme, but not 100% and I can not use formula C = A - B.

I just read about this and not check this. Am I wrong ?

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem here is that the sample determination cannot be reset once you start the results recording. Another business solution will consist on doing the quality inspection (physically) for the initial sample and wait until you see if everything is fine before starting the results recording in SAP. This way, if you find a defective item, you can still reset sample determination manually and update the sample size to 100% before typing the results in the system.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I reset sample determination manually for MIC ? For lot I can.

If I will add new MIC in the lot, Can I determinate manually the sample size (not 100%, C = A - B) of the MIC ?

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set a fixed sample in sampling procedure and assign the same in the MIC.

Regards,

Ayoub.

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

create a new MIC in the same plan with control indicator as After Rejection and inspection with 100%

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ronit,

You can achieve this requirement,by adding another  characteristic that has a sampling procedure related to 100% and which will be mandatory only if the previous one is detected. This way, if your normal characteristic is detected (you set defect at one sample)  then the second characteristic (which is the same but with 100%)will be required .

Regards ,

Ayoub.