cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USR02 wont show up on SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm pretty new here and i am not sure if this is the right place to ask for a recommendation but here is my question:

I would like to find out where exactly to look for SAP user info (such as user id, password, etc) is stored in SQL data tables.

I know user maintenance is SU01 on SAP side, but need to do SQL side browsing to check and verify if the password is hashed.

USR02 shows up as a sys.object but i cannot browse the user info of it on sql side.

On SAP side i go to SE16 and then USR02 to see the information about the users.

My question is where to look at on SQL side to see the same information (what commands to use).

Kind Regards,

Deniz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz,

It is not possible to you to see the SAP password in the table USR2, but you can reset the passwords by using the SAP* user. This guide helps to understand how to do it:

If you want to query this information, you can do it by:

1) Go to DBACockpit, Diagnostics, SQL Command editor. Execute the following query:

SELECT * FROM USR02

2) If you're using SQL Server Management Studio, login as <sid>adm or any other administrator user that has access to SQL Server, and run the following statement:

USE <SID> --replace <SID> with the database name, like USE ERP

GO

setuser <sid> --replace <sid> with the schema name of your database

GO

SELECT * FROM USR02;

Best Regards,

Luis Darui

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz.

My question is where to look at on SQL side to see the same information (what commands to use).

You can refer the SCN link point number 3 & 4 to access the USR02 table in back-end DB

Regards

SS

0 Kudos

Hi,

from the SQL command editor in the application you can run "select * from USR02" to display entries.