cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.29 Desktop - Unable to use Geo Map over proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are excited by the possibilities of using geographic charts in Lumira.

However, I am unable to make use of the Geo Map chart over our corporate proxy, even though I've configured the Network proxy settings in Lumira.

In place of the chart, this error message is displayed: "Unable to connect to the Esri map service. Please check network and proxy settings". We are currently at Lumira 1.29.2.

I have not configured the Esri Map Service (Use this account is unchecked), as this is not required.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a need to open up certain ports? If so, which ones?

Note: Geo Bubble Chart, Geo Choropleth Chart, and Geo Pie Chart do NOT require ESRI

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

I disabled everything on my test box; ports, Proxy and unchecked "Use this account" under Geo Map Service  (Lumira Preferences).

Then I went into the Viz room and I was able to add a map with no problems. Only difference I can see between your system and mine is that I am using Lumira 1.29.3 and you are using 1.29.2. I do know there was an issue with Esri in 1.29.x (don't remember the x). E.g.; please update your install to 1.29.3 and see how things go.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I tested with a machine using the latest 1.29.3 (Build 99)  on our corporate network. I'm still getting the same error message.

Here is info from the error log:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/portals/self. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://127.0.0.1:65527' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 407.", source: http://127.0.0.1:65527/h5v2/index.html?securityToken=XXX&locale=en

I suspect corporate IT is blocking the communication.

However, I'd like to get more details before approaching our network administrators.

Could it be the ESRI port 6080 (see ESRI ArcGIS ref) is blocked?

Andrew

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

You can run Fiddler on your computer while using the Geo Map in Lumira Desktop. Fiddler will capture the HTTP requests and response from Lumira Desktop, and it will show you all the details including the header, body, status code, URL etc.

If you save the Fiddler trace into a *.saz file, you can then send it to your network admin so they can examine it.

You can download Fiddler from: Fiddler free web debugging proxy

Regards,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Thanks. I will get that a try!

Regards,

Andrew

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in SAP Lumira Preferences, SAP Geo Map Service, account is enabled and sign in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have an ESRI account/password, so I cannot log into the Geo Map Service, so I have not enabled the account and am not signed in. (according to the release info for 1.29, an ESRI account is NOT required).

Attached is a diagram showing the problem when accessing the Geo Map chart over corporate network (Manual Proxy configured in Network).

Below is the same Lumira workbook working without problem, over regular network (No Proxy in Network), with NO esri account:

Question: Is it possible my network admin needs to open a port to allow connection to the ESRI cloud server? If so, what settings are required? Is there a way to test this?

I believe my Proxy setting is correct, as the Update and Send Feedback work correctly from Lumira.

Thanks.

Andrew