SAP for Mill Products Discussions
Explore conversations about production optimization, resource utilization, and quality control using SAP in the mill products industry. Join in or start your own!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Operations with gaps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Reference to the following link it says that it's not allowed to combine operation with gaps, for example if a routing consists of the operations 10, 20, and 30, you cannot combine operations 10 and 30 without operation 20.

Selecting Operations - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

I need to know why this is mandatory and if there are any way to overcome this

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Keroles Abader

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keroles,

if it would be allowed to combine operations by omitting one it would cause issues in scheduling. Think about the nightmare to get all the involved objects into sync. That is also the reason why an original order can only be part of a combined order once at a time. So you can not combine operation 10 in combined order #1 and at the same time combine operation 30 in an combined order #2.

I only see a chance that you change your master data so for example you get operation 10 and 20 into one production order and 30 and all the following into another production order. I know that's also a nightmare but based on the restrictions in OC I don't see another chance.

regards

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Thread moved to the space SAP for Mill Products & Mining.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keroles,

if it would be allowed to combine operations by omitting one it would cause issues in scheduling. Think about the nightmare to get all the involved objects into sync. That is also the reason why an original order can only be part of a combined order once at a time. So you can not combine operation 10 in combined order #1 and at the same time combine operation 30 in an combined order #2.

I only see a chance that you change your master data so for example you get operation 10 and 20 into one production order and 30 and all the following into another production order. I know that's also a nightmare but based on the restrictions in OC I don't see another chance.

regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your answer, could you please also provide me with any other consequences rather than the scheduling so that I can provide my customer with.

Thanks in advance