cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST Adapter, optional parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a rest adapter scenario.  We have the interface with 5 GET operations, one of them sends 2 parameters.  How can I configure that the second parameter is optional? because if I do the next configuration, I get an error when I send the request of an operation with one parameter.  We have PI 7.4 SP 11 and we don't see the "optional" checkbox.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Probably, adapter metadata has not been updated in your PI system and thus doesn't reflect newly introduced channel configuration options. Please follow recommendations given in SAP Notes 1536986 (describes where to find XI Content in SAP Service Marketplace) and 1637955 (describes how to extract required TPZ file with content, which needs to be imported in ESR, from the downloaded SCA file for PI releases 7.3x/7.4) and import adapter metadata (located in XI Content for SAP BASIS component) in ESR of the PI system. Then check again configuration UI of the REST sender communication channel, the checkbox "Optional" shall appear for configured dynamic attributes:

Regards,

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We can configure 10 optional parameters. After that we need to add additional parameters in Additional Attributes section. Is there a way to define an attribute here as optional?

Answers (0)