cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive parameters using with restful api

0 Kudos

Created a report configured interactive parameters. One of those parameters are Boolean and date. these are not required parameters I want them to be optional. From interactive parameters I selected those as Prompt value Optional .

• When I am exporting the report using restful it is returning error no values for "parameter Name"
  • Show records which as date interactive parameter is not null

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

Can you cut/paste the output of the "GET .../documents/{docId}/parameters" call on your document?

Thanks,

eric

0 Kudos

I tried GET <baseURL>/infostore/{reportID}/parameters 404 error coming is it different what you asked?

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://<server>:6405/biprws/infostore/{reportID}/parameters

is not a valid URL so this would explain the 404 error.  You should be using the raylight URL and not the Infostore URL.  Try the following, and if it still fails, provide the output that Eric requested

GET  http://<server>:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/{reportID}/parameters

Also, just for confirmation, the report is a Webi report and not a Crystal report,correct?

Dan

0 Kudos

its a crystal report not webi report

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ah... that makes more sense.  Sorry for the confusion.

Is your report saved with data or saved without data?

If saved with data, it should just export as the report was saved.

If the report does not have saved data, then it requires a new instance to be generated.  This is where I ran into an error similar to what you are seeing.

If generating an instance without providing any parameter info in the request body I get:

Some parameters are missing values (CRR 00107, JRC00000169)

and if I include the parameter name in the body without any value I get:

Parameter name 'myParam' given with no values. (CRR 00019)

I believe this is a defect in that the refresh (creating an instance) does not appear to account for whether or not the parameter is Optional (ie there is no attribute in the response indicating if the prompt is optional, so it cannot be set.)

Dan

0 Kudos

yep looks like a defect in SAP enterprise crystal reports