cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Storage Locaton Control

0 Kudos

Hello:

I have define the following for movement type 311 in storage location control.

"control of assignment "plat/ Storage Location-warehouse": plant 1000 storage location 9000 to be "Do not copy storage location" checked and for storage location 9001 to be "standard storage location" checked.

Under storage location control in WM settings I have it so that when material hits 902 storage type 311 movement type is executed for 9001 with "combine Posting changes" NOT set.

All works well as long as I run LQ01 or RLLQ0100 to process the "Posting change storage location to storage location in IM" but does this need to be run if I have the above settings set?

According to SAP help document; with above settings (movement 311 in my case) should be executed upon the confirmation of TO.

Also I noticed that if I execute LQ01 or RLLQ0100 I can post 311 without the confirmation of the TO.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want system to perform the 311 upon confirmation then you need to set the storage location control. There are multiple thread existing on SCN. One such thread is mentioned below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3548165

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this sounds like you did not follow the hyperlink in that phrase " Automatically following confirmation of the TO" from the docu Posting Changes Between Storage Locations - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

it would have taken you to Automatic Creation of TOs for Posting Change Notices - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Libra...

which explains what you need to setup that automatically is going to work