cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asset Accounting in S/4 HANA Finance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

SAP S/4 HANA Finance (SAP Simple Finance 2.0) is installed in our system.SAP mentions that in S/4 HANA Finance,"planned depreciation is determined and updated with each asset master record change and each posting to the asset and depreciation run posts the pre-calculated planned values".

I have checked that the depreciation calculation in both ECC 6.0 and S/4 HANA Finance in AW01N .The planned depreciation is calculated and updated similarly in both ECC 6.0 and S/4 HANA Finance which can be seen in AW01N.

Can somebody help in finding out the difference in S/4 HANA Finance with regard to depreciation ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal

To an extent you are correct. However, in ECC 6 you have to run some times a T Code called AFAR, which actually updates the planned values. This is necessary sometimes under the below circumstances:

- There is a change to the depreciation keys on asset master

- Mass changes have been executed to the asset master

- Asset revaluation is done, after the legacy data transfer is closed.

With new asset accounting, this becomes irrelevant.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

In S/4 HANA Finance also ,we have t code AFAR which is linked with program FAA_DEPRECIATION_CALCULATE.SAP mentions that this is new program which calculates depreciation and updates the database.I assume the same is happening in ECC6.0 as well.

Also the points which you have mentioned above, I understand that these all must be working in S/4 HANA as well in the same way.

The issue is SAP mentions this in all the documents and I am not able to find any difference in depreciation calculation in various scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there is new table for planned values FAAT_PLAN_VALUES. So this table updates with every master data change.

Also when you run depreciation program reads values from this table with possible changes.

For every year change you need to run program FAA_DEPRECIATION_CALCULATE, which will update values for future year.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now depreciation posting will be happen at asset master level and not consolidated posting like earlier. Earlier system used to post account determination and cost center combination level I guess.

Answers (0)