cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default installation directory sapinst_instdir TO other drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing ECC 6.0 and have enough space in my disk for data files.

I have alloted 20GB in C: drive which also comprise of Operating System.sapinst_ instdir directory grows more than 10GB and due to lack of space installation fails. How can i change th default sapinst_instdir directiory from C drive to other drive. can i use any software to change partition? ( with OS windows server 2003)

I have also encountered an error at import phase of first job and after changing *.TSK file the installation proceeds. will this cause any serious problem.

regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anandha,

when u open the cmd prompt to e:\sap_temp execute the sapinst by giving the full path for example if ur installation is located in f:\sap\sapinst.exe,u need to giv this full path at the prompt then only ur installation will start.

one more doubt do want to continue the same installation done previously then u need to copy the files created previously("programfiles\sapinst") to this new folder.

Reward if useful

Thanks

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since in have already seen this post i tried this too.

I have created a folder sap_temp in E: drive and command prompt i navigated to E: drive (E:\sap_temp). Once i execute sapinst.exe there it throws error message sapinst.exe not recognized as an internal or external command. So i copied sapinst.exe from installation source and started again. this time a new error

You start the installation without specifying a startup file via SAPINST_CONTROL_URL in the directory E:/sap_temp. The framework asumes that control.xml or product.catalog has to be used but there exist now such files.If there exist a installation with a different startup filename please specify that filename via SAPINST_CONTROL_URL.

after selecting ok option installation quits. no luck. looking forward for some good replies.

regards,

Anandha Krishnan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's right what you did.

Hope you choose the new installation. Don't use run old installation.

I don't think it should be any problem.

Navigate to this place using command prompt. there you give the entire path of your sapinst location. It will definately work.

do reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anandha

Simply create a directory on another drive and run sapinst from there. For example if you want on drive E: , create some directory like sap_temp or something.Then Open a command window and go to the E: drive. Switch to the directory you created and start sapinst.exe from here. The SAP installer will copy the necessary files to this directory and not to the "C:\Program Files\.." anymore

Reward points if useful

Thanks

Srinivas