cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-PI >=V.7.5: UNC-use possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

we would like to Change the FileAdapter-Use, as many as possible, from FTP-Use to UNC-Use, p.e.

\\serverName\folder1\folder1a

Is this possible or is FTP the only way to reach other servers?

PS: We have SAP-PI 7.5

Kind regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco, what is your SAP PO application server's operating system?

If it is windows, just mount the UNC into some resource and use it with NFS pseudo-protocol.

If it is some unix/linux, appropriate way is to use Samba for mounting into some /var/tmp/folder1/folder1a.

Also, you could not to use samba and use java version of Samba, JCIFS https://jcifs.samba.org/ but it has some limitations. You could use it in own java-proxies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilya,

we have Windows but it's not practicable to mount a resource for p.e. 100 other servers/systems.
That's why we would use UNC, p.e. \\serverName\\folder1\subfolder1\...

So, it is not possible to use UNC-Paths in Windows-PI-Installations 7.5?

thx & greets

Marco

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

When using NFS transport protocol in File communication channel, you can access file system objects by their UNC paths regardless they are local or remote file systems. The approach suggested by Iliya helps to make remote file system path transparent for a PI system since it accesses the remote file system in abstracted way, by its mapped alias. If the remote file system is then relocated to another host or you need to access files located in some other directory, you don't need to change configuration in PI, but only adjust mapped location on OS level. If that is not suitable for you, you can also access the remote file system using its UNC path maintained in communication channel in PI.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Vadim, it works

I have tested with a UNC, written windows-like (\\hostname\accessablePath\subFolders), and it was ok.

thx again - have a nice day

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i know about FTP, but i want to write with UNC-paths if it would work...

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

File adapter in SAP PI/PO supports both transport protocols - NFS and FTP. This is a matter of what service is exposed and accessible for files exchange by an external system - are files accessed via network file system (and can be addressed using UNC paths) or via FTP.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried 2 examples, one with / and one with \ ... both didn't work...

a) \\servername\folder\subfolder

b) //servername/Folder/subfolder

what isn't right?

or does it not work with UNC pahts?