SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Available Budget Balance in FM

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know how to completely remove the available budget balance so there is zero balance left to consume and I could start over with entering a new budget during current year.

Looking for your helpful feedback.

Regards

Muhammad Waseem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. If the budget is consumed, how do you want to eliminate it? If it's not consumed why would you want to do so? You can reverse budgetary documents you have introduced, if you want. You can reduce the budget... Please, specify your requirement...

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please put more info, with out it it's difficult to suggest,

For instance, you could use delete program RFFMKU_DEL_DATA, but it also deletes data for avc

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. If the budget is consumed, how do you want to eliminate it? If it's not consumed why would you want to do so? You can reverse budgetary documents you have introduced, if you want. You can reduce the budget... Please, specify your requirement...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

My query is not about consumed budget which, of course, cannot be removed or reduced.

I know how to reverse budget document but requirement is quite different here.

Let me explain using an example:

$100,000 is entered as Original budget Ver: 0 (Doc type A1= Enter & Release both)

$20,000 is consumed and $80,000 is still available for consumption.

Now there is a requirement from client to delete this $80,000 so budget available for consumption is then zero. Budget document reversal is not an option because there are hundreds of documents entered so far on system and most of documents are involved in consumption occurred.

So how the purpose can be achieved? Whether the available budget total can be reduced to zero OR can it be deleted?

Hope it clarifies the requirement.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, you cannot delete posted budget. What you can do is to modify it (reduce).... Of course, it's better to pass this operation under separate document type, so it would be clear that it's just adjustment of remaining budget and not business operation.

Two more remarks:

a) If you have many lines with remaining budget, you can automate the process, but this would require a development

b) If you work with annual budget, then remaining budget shouldn't bother the user from functional point of view. Quite the opposite: it will show him how much he didn't consume.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Going with the budget reduction through a separate document type as you suggested, can you please further guide & elaborate the process e.g. any configuration required, what front-end activity to perform.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No configuration; it's plain budget document introduced via FMBB.