cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchies in HANA SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on HANA VERSION 102, we want to roll up the data based on cost element hierarchy.

I followed blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2015/07/09/new-hierarchy-sql-enablement-with-calcul...

1) Created a Calculation view (Dimension) for cost element with hierarchy.See attachment CE_HIER.png

2) Used the cost element calculation view in the STAR JOIN and joined with the fact table as mentioned in the blog.See attachment FACT_HIER.png

When i query the calculation view it does not look like rolling up the value to the root nodes.

Can you please check if i'm doing anything wrong? or is there a different procedure to work with hierarchies?

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain in detail

We are SAP HANA 102 version and SAP BW 7.4 SP10.

We want to roll up the data based on Cost element hierarchy, I followed the below blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2015/07/09/new-hierarchy-sql-enablement-with-calcul...

Our cost element has 3 level hierarchies.

NODE1

Node2

COSTELEMENT 1

COSTELEMENT 2

Node3

COSTELEMENT 3

COSTELEMENT 4

Cost element 1 and cost element 2 should roll up to Node2

Cost element 3 and cost element 4 should roll up to Node3

Node2 and Node3 should roll up to Node1

As mentioned in the blog we created a calculation view for the COST ELEMENT with Hierarchy. See attachment CE_HIER.png

In the second calculation view we joined the FACT table to COST ELEMENT Calculation view. We enabled the check box “Enable Hierarchies for SQL Access” in the properties Tab.See attachment FACT_HIER.png

Then when we execute the SQL, the data is not rolling up to the parent nodes.

SELECT "PARENTH1Node", COSTELMNT, CURRENCY, sum("AMOUNT") as AMOUNT FROM "_SYS_BIC"."CALCULATION_VIEW"

WHERE "PARENTH1Node" = '00000019'

and                "COSTCENTER"   = 'U147'

group by "PARENTH1Node", "COSTELMNT", "CURRENCY"

Any suggestion where i'm doing wrong or is there any better way to work with hierarchies in SAP HANA.

Thanks

Srini