cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion was rejected without any reasons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my Discussions were rejected without any reasons, and any messeage from forum.

My topics was: Number of records different between Clients

I need to make sure that, this Discussion is my real scenario and i  haven't found any same discussion on SCN. The explaination about client on SAP Help is general and not detail enought to explain my case. Thesefore, i need the support from the SCN.

i am unhappy because i don't even receive any message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't moderate that space; if I had you'd have been given a reason. Perhaps you did get a reason, but there's only 255 characters available for the moderator's comment, so you might have missed it. If you weren't given a reason, then that isn't good. You should have been.

The google cache has your question in it, so I was able to see what you'd asked. I have to say it is a bit confusing. You're asking why client 100 of your ERP system has a different number of records to client 200 of your ERP system for the same datasource. I can't see any reason why you would think they would be the same, and why you would be worried that they're not.

That indicates (and I can only base my opinion on what you have written) a lack of understanding of the SAP client concept, which is a pretty basic concept for any SAP consultant to know - covered, if I recall correctly, in the very first SAP courses.

While I've no doubt you're seeing this behaviour, I find it extremely hard to think of a real business scenario where you would expect the number of records to be the same.

Therefore, either:

1. I've misunderstood your question - and one reason for rejection would be an unclear question or a question that doesn't make sense.

2. Or the question is really very basic and fundamental for any SAP consultant - also grounds for rejection. While you may not understand the SAP Help, if you had searched this site, you would have found many many discussions about it and surely at least one of those would have clarified your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

as i said i am newbie with BW. Before i start a Discussion, i conduct Internet Search. and Creating a Discussion is my last Solution.

About my Discussion: i have read about Client on SAP Note. It said that"Different clients have different Configuration...". This Explaination is  general, and i can't explain how the datasources are different between Clients.

In my training cource, the Explaination about Client also general, and focus on  the relationships between clients, Company code, and organization.

i have search Discussions for my Topic on SCN, such as:

difference between client dependent table and c... | SCN

Difference between Client Dependent and Client ... | SCN

these Topic are about System Configuration and for my question are unuseful.

Maybe, somethings with you - professional can be very easy and basic, but for me as a new one, it's difficult to understand, and need to learn step by step, not only in the Theory but also in the Practice. In the Furture, I will try to search and read more before asking in the Forum.

However, i am sad because i was not respected. My Topic was closed without any Reasons. Now i am actually wondering how to create a "correct" Discussion.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussions are sometimes rejected without reason being given. This is unfortunate and against the moderator code of practice, but it does happen. If it happens to you, it is not a sign of disrespect.

The fact of your discussion being rejected is also not a sign of disrespect.

So, I'm sorry you feel disrespected, but there really is no need to feel like that. Perhaps the fact that I've taken the time to respond to you in detail will demonstrate that you are, in fact, being treated with respect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not limited to you this happens with every newbie or sometime for experiences fellows, ROE is for everyone and that is formed by experts to maintain quality of this forum. So do not be sad. You are equally respected as ALL others in this group. Moderator guides you on right direction to search well enough or do some R&D if you failed to search such content (Self dependency will help you in future). Just try it...Good luck!!

I have also been victimized many times....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to explain some basic reason in my blog post