SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTIN 100000000010926 does not match article and unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create sales order through bapi  SD_SALESDOCUMENT_CREATE

I am facing the error GTIN 100000000010926 does not match article  and unit of measure.

Why is it happening.If any configuration setting have to be done from SD angle. i.e GTIN mapping have to be done?

Please guide me.Please find the below screen shot,i have maintained EAN number in article.Also find the BAPI,both unit of measure (EA) and GTIN number is there .

Is that some thing we have to do like material determination???

I read the link,it states likes this EAN/UPC field in sales order is grey field | SCN

3 REPLIES 3

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP for Retail

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only answer regarding MM side (but I guess, logic in SD will be the same):

When trying to create PO, there is no automatic matching implemented if you only enter GTIN. Meaning: no programm code is determining the article number if you post only a GTIN in your BAPI.

[Reason: a GTIN could be assigned to multiple UoM or even articles]

If you want to achive this to work, you would have to use an user-exit to add the article number in the document. At least this is how it works on MM side, but - as stated above - that the logic on SD side should be the same.

Regards

Tobias

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Tobias is right, if you are only entering GTIN code in your BAPI, it will not work without material number. You can find the material number using GTIN code from MEAN table and enter that material number in your BAPI. By doing that you don't need to enter GTIN code.

Regards

Alper