cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRUST - Send Certificate Request to CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of configuring SSL  (HTTPS) for my ABAP server by following the below SAP Note.

SAP Note 510007 - Setting up SSL on Application Server ABAP

One of the steps says, I have to create a Certificate Request and send it to SAP CA.

SAP Trust Center Service (http://service.sap.com/tcs)

But the problem is currently there are no Test certificates available. and it costs money.

(Please note that test certificates cannot be ordered anymore)

But I would like to test this functionality in sandbox first and if it works, then I will move to my production server.

Is there any Certificate Authority where I can send my Certificate Request and get a response for Testing Purposes for free?

SAP charges only for Production System or it charges for each and every test instances?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you,

Eswaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos

from the same note .. you can try this >>

As of Release 6.20, you can also import the certificate response as an individual PEM certificate if the CA certificate is saved in the database (to search for certificates, select "Import certificate", category = "Server CA"). Using the SAP Trust Center Service ensures that the certificate response has a valid format. Always import the certificate response into the PSE from which the original certificate request was generated (double-click on the corresponding nodes and call the "Import certificate response" function) and save the changes.

best regards,

manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manjunath,

These are all the steps we have to do after we receive the Signed Certificate Response from Certificate Authority.

My question was, Is there any reliable Certificate Authority for Signing our Certificate Request generated from our Server for Test purposes for 30 days or something?

If this works well after complete testing, then we can proceed with the production certificate request.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your organization can setup or may already have an internal certificate signing authority server. This can then sign your certificate.

Check with your infrastructure team.

Thanks

Imtiaz

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthick,

I agree with Imtiaz. We use Microsoft Certificate Services (a service that can be configured on Windows servers) to sign internal-only certificates like this. The advantage is that you can configure Active Directory to push out trust to all the Internet Explorer browsers in your domain so your clients will automatically trust all certificates signed by your internal CA.

Cheers,

Matt