cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order BQ with no ID number in ATP check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

On our production system SAP SCM 7.0 with GATP module, we have a curious entry listed as Free Delivery category BQ in ATP check on RRP3 for a product/location.

The order has no number and seems to have an item number 000020. Note that this order isn't visible on Elements tab in RRP3.

Of course this is affecting the system as the location is no longer able to provide any material.

We do not use BQ orders in our system so this is an isolated case.

- We checked MD04 in ECC, no trace of this order.

- We checked deltareport for this combination and ticked sales order, no inconsistencies.

- We checked for inconsistencies in livecache /SAPAPO/OM17 but none were found.

- We then tried to delete the order from database by getting the internal ID (GT_IO on RRP3) and using report /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS --> no order found

- We tried to delete it from livecache and database with report /sapapo/sdorder_del with a filter on category BQ --> no order found

- We tried to delete it using report /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE by filtering on category BQ --> no order found.

- Order doesn't appear in report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 either.

We are running out of option, do you have any other leads?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue has been solved although I would appreciate your input :

this entry is a temporary quantity assignment and was successfully deleted using Tcode /SAPAPO/AC06.

What is a TQA exactly? Why is it generated in APO and why does it have to be manually deleted?

Do we have to check this regularly in our system?

Thank you in advance.

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For more details on temporary quantity assignment - please refer to below SAP OSS Note-

488725 - FAQ: Temporary quantity assignments in Global ATP

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilles,

For more info about TQAs, you can search in SCN, where the topic has been discussed quite a bit.  You can also refer to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/488725 ; or the online help files at Displaying Temporary Quantity Assignments - Tools - SAP Library

In every GATP system I have ever worked on, there is a regular job running which deletes 'old' (unnecessary) temporary quantity assignments.  However, it is important that you understand why they are not being deleted during standard processing before you begin deleting them.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

thanks for the docs.

So it usually is batched (program /SAPAPO/OM_DELTA_REMOVE_OLDER I assume), BUT we have to understand first?? It seems batching is not the solution then? I though we'd batch it for TQAs older than say a week without  thinking about it. If this was the result of a CIF queue being deleted manually, CCR will always be there to report the delta, right?

Maybe a batch that could report old TQAs for CIF monitoring people who the would manually check and delete if necessary with /SAPAPO/AC06?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilles,

....BUT we have to understand first??...

You don't HAVE to.  I would think, though, that you would WANT to.

I thought we'd batch it for TQAs older than, say, a week without  thinking about it.

I have seen this done.  If you are not doing MATP or BOP with postprocessing, this is pretty safe.

If this was the result of a CIF queue being deleted manually, CCR will always be there to report the delta, right?

Actually, it is a poor business practice to delete queues without first knowing why the queue got stuck in the first place.  And, yes, CCR will report deltas and typically allow you to correct them.

Maybe a batch that could report old TQAs for CIF monitoring people who the would manually check and delete if necessary with /SAPAPO/AC06?

That would be a business decision.  I am not in a position to know what would be the best business decision for YOUR company.  I personally would never assign a human to such a task unless I had hope that the human would be discovering root causes and creating solutions to prevent future problems. 

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 that's enough to go on for me.

Answers (0)