cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default installation directory sapinst_instdir TO other drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing ECC 6.0 and have enough space in my disk for data files.

I have alloted 20GB in C: drive which also comprise of Operating System.sapinst_ instdir directory grows more than 10GB and due to lack of space installation fails. How can i change th default sapinst_instdir directiory from C drive to other drive. can i use any software to change partition? ( with OS windows server 2003)

I have also encountered an error at import phase of first job and after changing *.TSK file the installation proceeds. will this cause any serious problem.

regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand from ur post is u want to create the instalaltion logs on another directory instaed of C:\ drive....if so u can follow the procedure as describe below..

create temp directory in any other drive called D:\ drive...

go in to that temp drive.....

and fire the executable from that temp directory.....if u r executable in e:\ drive then....

d:\temp>e:\installer\insatall.exe

the above command creates all logs one by one in temp dorectory of D:\ drive instaed of c:\ drive..

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all.

Below is the link which i have posted early with log files.

In C drive other than OS i have not installed any other major s/w (few like skype, gotomeeting were installed)

regards,

Anandha Krishnan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Out of the 20GB in C drive 10GB is used by OS and other installations. The installation log files of ECC 6.0 grows more than 4GB for the following tasks....

SAPAPPL0

SAPAPPL1

SAPSSEXC

Let me see whether this time i could finish the installation since i have changed the installation directory

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the exact log in which ur installtion has stuck

SAPAPPL0.log

SAPAPPL1.log

SAPSSEXC.log

regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the software installed in C: which is occupied 10GB? could you please try to extend your c: dirve space some software or remove unwanted files from your c:

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should not be any problem if you have 20 GB free space in C: drive becuase SAP is not going to create 20GB installation log files for installation. Could you please check the installation log files what is causing the problem?

for more details on space requirements you can refer installation guide.

please paste the log from the currnet log file too.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repost