cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping -

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where, we might have to put 40,000 entries in the value mapping tables to use them during the mapping run time.

The maximum that I had in my previous projects was around 5,000.

I just wanted to get some input on what are your experiences on using 40,000 entries in the value mapping - from the performance perspective.

We are on PO 7.4 - Java only - installation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Nimrod Gisis

If you can make data convertion in receiver side, it is better than force integration.

First design your architecture.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

JDBC lookup is classic for message enrichment pattern.

However,you should ask yourself whether this specific data translation is positioned at the right place in terms of architecture:

Enrichment is done if the data required for the translation don't exists neither in the the Sender nor the receiver applicative systems.
Sometimes, SAP ERP consultants tend to "dump" all there customization problems on the integration platform.This type of work will sure result with future problems.

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

have you tested it with 40,000 entries?

The maximum in one of my projects was about 18,000 entries in the cache. It worked fine as long as no one was restarting the PI.. After such a restart you need a strategy to regain all your entries. So maybe an external jdbc db will solve this, as Jens & Juan mentioned.

Kind regards

Konrad Thalheim

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should definitely go for lookups instead of value mapping, just like mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Please go through this blog.

Value Mapping Replication for Mass Data Using N... | SCN

Regards

Nagur

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think is better to use JDBC lookups, this is a graphic way to access a database table.

you can create a pimary key to get a fastest access

see this:

Defining JDBC Lookups Graphically - Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

Defining JDBC Lookups - Creating Design Objects using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio - SAP Library

is something like this:

two elemets for query condition.

two elements result: