Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Setting of Process Code for Inbound deliveries in EWM

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am finding a solution to automate the process of Setting Process code  for Inbound Deliveries in EWM for which we have not received for more than specific time .

Is there any standard functionality available to do this for MASS number of Deliveries to save the manual hours.

Thanks

Akhil Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

for outbound deliveries there is a action to adjust the quantities in the /SCWM/MON.

But for inbound deliveries I think there is no real function that is matching to your requirement.

How many deliveries and items do you need to update?

One thing could be in /SCWM/PRDI to use the "Reject" Button. This will close all items and set them to zero.

But it will only work if you did not start any processing on the deliveries. Also you can not control which process code is set as it will use a separate process code. So not sure if this is something that can help you here. Also again it's the question how many deliveries/items will be affected as if it's several thousands then this will also not be something feasible.

Best regards

Markus

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus

Thanks for the response!

I am currently following the process you have mentioned ,ie rejecting deliveries in /SCWM/PRDI.

As far as selecting Process Codes is concerned (I001,I004....) <I am not sure of the config/ABAP Code that is present so that whenever I am selecting Item Type  IDTR it shows just I001 in the Process Code drop down which I want it to set to.

Similarly for Item type IDLV  it shows just I004 in the process Code dropdown.

I am setting process code for 150-200 line items in a week roughly using /SCWM/PRDI.

Thanks

Akhil

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you click on the "Reject" button on header level you must not enter a process code. This is automatically done (I think "I004    Reject Inbound Delivery" is used).

Also this works automatically for all items. Therefore I do not understand why you want to use the process code dropdown on item level?

200 line items is not much, so should be ok.

I think the main question is if it is ok for you to reject the complete delivery (with all items) or not.

If you wish to close only specific items (and not all) then you can not use the "Reject".

Best regards

Markus

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus

I am setting Process Codes mainly at the Item level as I mostly dont need to reject whole of the delivery.

Also I dont want to set I001 for all of the item Types. My requirement  is as  below:

• ICR>I001
  • IDLV>I004
  • IDTR>I001

Also sometimes as far as volume is concerned sometimes the volume goes to almost 2000 line items .

That's why I am finding a way to set Process Code in MASS.

Thanks

Akhil

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

As per my understanding , you can achieve this by using custom development.

Design the selection screen and use the process code logic using Item type.

Check the below thread for demo code.

Thanks

AR

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajit!

We have developed a Code to handle this already but I was looking for a standard functionality if that's available.

Akhil

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really have such a mass of not received inbound delivery items, I would think you have in general a more severe problem then how to process this. Why do you have inbound delivery items you do not receive?

Brgds

Juergen

former_member230393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen

I am not aware of the exact cause but in  general mostly these deliveries belong to STO's.

And the number goes high mostly if in case some other corresponding Plants are closing.

Thanks

Akhil

Answers (0)