cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why view controller not act as a data source for mapping relationship?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Everyone,

can anyone tell me why view controller not act as a data source for mapping relationship,plz tell me simple and best answer

thanks & regards,

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Weh Dynpro works on MVC(Model view controller),

1)Model : Data Interaction layer : This is the layer which interacts with database and act as source of data in web dynpro application. It does not care about how that data will be displayed.

2) Controller : Binding layer :Since Model layer doesnt worry about display of data to front end or to user, the data model has is passed to front end by controller.

These controller means component and custom controller

3) View : User interaction layer : This is the layer where all UI development goes on . This layed just deals with displaying the data given to it by controller.

<b>As the design says that the data to be shown should be given by controller , in web dynpro view controller are not allowed to act as datasource</b>

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

You deserve an appreciation for such a nice reply,

keep it up dude,

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth Raja,

Every view in Webdynpro has to store it View data i.e UI elements Values. So it needs some storage(same like Variable) to keeps its view data. For that reason it needs something to keep its View data called View controller. Every has its own view controller. But the scope is <b>Local</b>. i.e You cannot pass the values to next Views.

If you want to pass the data between views you need some <b>Global</b> thing i.e called

Component CONTROLLER.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I guess because every view has its seprate view controller and to share data between two different views you require a central point from where both the views can access the data and this central point is your component or custom controllers. I hope this is simple.

Regards

Sid