cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM NC and UC import behavior

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on ChaRM Normal and Urgent change. I have come across below 2 scenarios. 

Scenario 1 :

• Created NC1, made changes to Object1 and captured changes in TR1 and just released the task.
  • Then created UC1 and made changes for the same object1 and captured changes in TR2. And Imported changes to QA and Prod.
  • And then at last I have Imported NC1 to QA and Prod.

Final Result reflected in Prod Is – TR2

Scenario 2 :

• Created NC1, made changes to Object 1 and captured changes in TR1 and Imported the changes to QA.
  • Then created UC1 and made changes for same Object 1 and captured changes in TR2. And Imported changes to QA and Prod.
  • And then at last I have Imported the NC1 to Prod.

Final result reflected in Prod is – TR2

In Both cases I have ignored the conflicts.

In both cases Urgent correction reflecting (TR2) at the end in production, even though I am importing NC at the last.  Is this ChaRM (STMS) standard functionality?

How we can understand sequencing here?

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should send this question to the SAP Solution Manager forum in SCN and not this one.

There you can receive similar answers to the one I gave you.

This is standard CHARM functionality......

Regards,

Oded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Yes , this is standard CHARM functionality:

The reason for this is that the UC is a member of the main maintenance cycle and remains there even after it is imported to production. The purpose of this is to import each connected UC a second time along with all the NCs of the cycle- in order to eliminate any conflicts of objects that might arise.

So - in both cases TR2 is the latest transport created and therefor it the one sequenced last.

If you want to reverse this , as in Scenario 1, you can use the import strategy customizing with a popup window that shows all transports to be imported, including the UCs imported a second time. In the window you can uncheck TR2 so it will not be imported again , so TR1 will be the last change.

Best Regards,

Oded Dagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oded,

In that case, we are taking sequencing in our hand and I believe that should not be done.

We don't have status dependent import too as we want to use standard ChaRM only.

Hence, my question is in above cases, we are releasing NC later that UC, if we see sequencing re-import of UC is performed prior to import of NC, which is correct, but if we see actual changes in system, it is always showing UC. Hence, pls let us know how can we correct this not so good behavior of ChaRM.

Thanks

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

Can anyone explain this behaviour pls.

PS. - We are ignoring DGP conflicts on release/import wherever we are getting.

Scenario 2 :

• Created NC1 and captured changes in TR1 and moved the changes to QA.
  • Then created UC1 and made changes for same object and captured changes in TR2. And moved changes to QA and Prod.
  • And then I have moved the NC1 to Prod.

Final result reflected in QA/Prod is – TR2 , how come ?

Thanks

Ankit