cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Change for 4 system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to configure ChaRM Urgent Change (UC) for 4 system landscape. I don't want to use Normal change as of now, so that's out of scope for me.

I have gone through other scn posts related Charm configuration for 4 system landscape, but none of them giving clear picture on what changes we have to make in Urgent change, so that it works for 4 system landscape.

So I want to have more clear picture w.r.t  Urgent Change configuration what additional changes I have to make in standard Actions & statuses .

Landscape :  Dev->  Quality->   Pre-Prod ->   Prod 

In the  standard Actions & statuses of Urgent Change (SMHF) it's only  applicable for 3 system landscape.

If I perform the action "Pass Urgent Change to Test" it will import UC to Quality system & status will change to 'To Be Tested'.

When I perform action " Confirm Successful Test" ,  it will change  UC status to " Successfully Tested".

So after this status we have next action as " Import into production", so there is no action available to import change into 'Pre-Production'

So what changes exactly I need to do to import UC to Pre-Production ?  So any suggestions, please help.

So once UC imported into Pre-Prod, then we have action ' Import change into Production' , which will import UC to Production.

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

there are lot of configuration you need to put in place to make it work as didn't work by default for 4 tier or 5 tier etc BUT IT WORKS.

First refer below old note for 4 tier landscape setup.

1531565 - Four System Landscape in Change Request Management

Secondly make sure you have correct role in LMDB for each of the system

Create a logical component in the solman system for 4 tier landscape as per transport route.

make sure the Domains are linked etc as per case for solman and managed system if you are not using harmonization infrastructure etc

Further proceed with ChaRM creation of  a new status and action configuration

Change Request Management (ChaRM) - How to enhance the standard workflow - SAP IT Service Management...

make the settings as per requirement to import to next system as per requirement in SPRO for new status

Test it with project having this logical component and no error should be there while activation.

Done

hope this resolves

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar & Kathir,

It will be really helpful for me.

Regards

PK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

The new Custom Action to Import change into Pre-Prod can be added to the corresponding action profile. This Action to set the new Custom Status "Pre-Prod" can be scheduled for a specific status (For example: Successfully Tested) with the appropriate Schedule condition. Then in addition to this add the entry for the Custom status "Pre-Prod" with the action "IMPORT_TEST" in the Change Request Management Framework settings.

Example:  E0005     10     IMPORT_TEST   (for Transaction type ZMHF)

This should help you to meet your requirement.

Revert back if you need any additional details.

Regards,

Kathir