Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - How to find correct software?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are planning to upgrade our systems (e.g. EWM).

How do I find the correct software-packages, also for related systems (e.g. ECC)?

I thought the new tool is "Maintenacen Planner" based on Fiori.

But I don't really get success there... Am I on the right way or complelty wrong?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for your help.

I try to handle MOPZ for the EWM-System.

And it is a bit strange... Is it correct to add ERP 6.0 software to EWM-Landscape?
Otherwise I always get the error that I have to choose a Standalone System.

After adding this, I could start the calculation...now I get the error "RFC destination is not available to get switch framework information"...but the RFC is maintained.

Any ideas regarding this? I also couldn't find a solution on SMP for this...

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anon,

Is the system configured for MOPZ transactions in Solman? Was the landscape verification check successful?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

you are reight, the landscape verification is red.

I've assigned the product version "SAP ERP 6.0", "SAP ECC Server", what is wrong in my eyes and I think this is also causing that the landscape verification fails.

However, if I don't assign this, I can't choose it in MOPZ, because I always get the error that I have to choose a standalone system.

So the automatically delivered software, from EWM->SLD->LMDB seems not to match the requirement for MOPZ...

Kind regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One last question.

How can I check the new/recommended software in MOPZ/Maintenance Planner, if also other systems (linked to the system) need an upgrade?

E.g. I upgrad an EWM or CRM, and I need to check if the ERP (ECC) system which is connected via RFC/TRFC needs to be upgraded.

Thank you

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>>How can I check the new/recommended software in MOPZ/Maintenance Planner, if also other systems (linked to the system) need an upgrade?<<

This has been discussed before. You should use the UDA tool check the dependencies with other systems. Access the tool here http://service.sap.com/uda

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

thx a lot. I need to go deeper into the documentations regarding all the installation things....
However, may it be that the UDA isn't having still all product versions?

E.g. EWM 9.3 I can't find there.

Kind regards

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

Please check the latest guidefinder link:

https://cp.hana.ondemand.com/dps/d/preview/ec5624d5073d4c949b42bf284742748d/1.0/en-US/frameset.htm

You will get all the documentation files that you need here.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello and Thank you to everybody.

I've now done the check of the landscape again.
I've no idea why it works now, but it does.

I've removed ERP-Productversion so that I only have SAP NW 7.4, EWM Standalone and EWM UI Feature.

Aftert that I made the verficiation again and now I can execute it for SAP NW 7.4, not EWM, because this isn't a standalone.

Kind regards

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you create a stack file for the upgrade using the Maintenance Optimizer it will push all the SP and kernel files to the download basket. You just need to configure the system with the Solution Manager for the maintenance operation.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon.

Kindly go through the link about SAP Solution Manger & Maintenance Planner

Maintenance Tools: Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Optimizer - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anon.

Do you have Soluttion Manager installed and configured?

You can use Change Managment --> Maintnance Optimizer

Regards.

Osvaldo Ferreira