Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM Configuration guide...

former_member194509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I need some guides for ITSM configuration. I wanna configure ITSM for customers and supporter communications. Where should I start from and which guide should I follow ?

Regards,

Fazıl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

ITSM configuration is quite complex. I'm currently working my way through this book - ITSM and ChaRM in SAP Solution Manager by Nathan Williams (SAP PRESS) - which explains in detail the concepts and necessary configuration steps. I'm finding it very helpful.

Steve.

former_member194509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion. If I don't found any free guide I evaluate it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member194509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply. But this page not contain step by step guide and very complicated. Do you have any suggestion for this situation ?

Regards,

Fazıl

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SOLMAN_SETUP should help you a part of the way. The guided procedure in SOLMAN_SETUP should guide you through the basic system configuration, the configuration of the LMDB (precondition for the ITSM configuration), and some of the technical settings for the CRM Web UI , the configuration of the SAP-OSS RFC, and so on.

Some of the documents in the SCN Wiki  provide step-by-step guides for configuration of ITSM features, and SOLMAN_SETUP guides you through the basic configuration.

Could you please point to a document that you find too difficult to follow, and explain why is it too difficult?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

former_member194509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

This wiki page is not contain step by step guide for ITSM. I mean that. I search step by step guide for ITSM configuration.

Regards,

Fazıl

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The first screen in the Wiki says you have to use SOLMAN_SETUP , and SOLMAN_SETUP itself has a guided procedure which explains every step. The Wiki offers you a demo for SOLMAN_SETUP as well:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001167622011E

After the general configuration has been done, there are several separate guides for different features of the ITSM scenario. As they are optional, there are steps for each feature.  Each feature (Multilevel categorization, ERMS inbound email, etc) is presented in a step-by-step format.

From my point of view, it might be a little difficult to find at first, but there are plenty of step-by-step documents in the Wiki, and it should be possible to configure ITSM based on the documents in the Wiki.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño