cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.6 with multisource universe, Failed to initialize Query Panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am having Design Studio 1.6 and can not manage to add a multisource universe (UNX) as a data source. When asked to edit the query panel I get an error 'Failed to initialize Query Panel'.

The multisource unx is based on a SQL Database and SharePoint lists which are connected via Web Service.

With single source universes all works fine.

See below the error log.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Did you manage to solve this issue please? As I'm having the same issue however, the BIP is 4.2 SP2 and Design Studio is 1.6 SP2.

Thanks

Kim

gp9
Explorer
0 Kudos

This from Design Studio 1.6 SP3 PAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SBOP Design Studio 1.6 Additional PAM Information

SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 SP03

Url : https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/SBOP_DSTUDIO_16.pdf

Url : http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD16/en/ds_16SP03_user_en.pdf

Check the Section 7.3

ACroll
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

any progress on this issue?

I am also using DS 1.6 SP01 Patch 1 on BIP 4.1 SP06 and cannot use my Universes.

They are based on simple Excel sheets for prototyping, Universes work fine with Webi, but in Design Studio I get the error "failed to initialize data source" once I try to edit the initial view.

Thanks

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have opened a case now in SAP and am waiting for their response. I will write here, as soon as I gave any solution. We have tried so many things, but nothing worked so far.

KR,

Elena

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elena - is it a multi-source relational universe?  What version of BI platform are you using? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

We are having BI Platform 4.1 ,SP4 ,patch 2.

As for the universe I do not know what you mean with relational. How could I check that. I could send you details about the connections we have there.

Thank you!

Elena

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading the guides and the help, looks like your scenario should be supported.  Unfortunately the page for the Product Availability Matrix is down -because I wanted to check that.

I recommend submitting a SAP Support ticket, following the steps outlined in this note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1983117

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy,

I found another colleague who has a multisource unx and  can open it from Design Studio. So now I am asking him to publish mine from his IDT and see if this will work. We have had this as an issue before and I want to give it a try. If this does not work I am going to log in a ticket.

Thanks again!

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

We tried the following:

- we took BLX file from a working multisource universe and rebuild our universe. We were able to open it in Webi but not in Design Studio.

-  we took the BLX from a working universe and there we added the OLEDB connection from our universe + one class object based on a SQL table. Here same as above we did not  manage to open in Design Studio.

May be the OLEDB connection is not compatible with Design Studio? See details above.

What do you think ?

Thank you!

KR,

Elena

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can your colleague open in Design Studio?  If not then it is worth opening an incident with SAP Support