cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table size vs Table size in SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

My problem concerns the estimation of the size between in memory or other DB tables when compared to SAP HANA. I know that when tables are imported to SAP HANA, a compression method is used to optimize the store process, hence different compression methods are used for tables with different data. What I would like to do is to estimate the compression rate of a particular table, so I could know how much space that table can occupy in the memory of SAP HANA.

For example, if I migrate a table with 10 GB from the Oracle DB to SAP HANA, how much compression would occur or what would be the size of the table in SAP HANA? As I said, I know that different compression methods are used for different types of data. I'm only interested in an estimation.

Is there any tool or document that can give that information?

Thanks for the attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis.

You got the info available from SAP.

There are a few tools that are used for SAP Hana Sizing:

SAP HANA QuickSizer

DB Scripts

ABAP reports

Take a look at this SAP note:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Depending of the source database, probably the scripts can be changed to give you the answer you need.

If your Base product is SAP Netweaver you can use report /SDF/HDB_SIZING

And choose the table you want:

Best regards.

Osvaldo Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

Before posting here, I had already seen that SAP note, however, I was not shure if I was in the right place and if the options were doable. That confirms it

Some forums also indicate that one way to do it is to load into SAP HANA different tables with different sizes to see how much memory they occupy and then calculate the racio. Is this correct?

Best regards

Luís Gonçalves

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, there's tons of threads about that but mostly what you need is the SAP Note below:

1514966 - SAP HANA 1.0: Sizing SAP In-Memory Database

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira