cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM66: Memory Usage Overview in NW740 SP8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are used to check system Memory Usage Overview by using transaction code SM66. However after we upgraded the system to NW740 SPS 8, we are not able to find the Memory Usage Overview anymore. Any idea? Please advise, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin
In here I would like to know which memory area you are looking for
Is it SAP Memory areas or System Phyz mem you are looking for
SAP memory can be checked from ST02

Phyz mem from ST06 -> Detailed Analysis -> Memory.

Hope it helps

Regards
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your reply. I was mentioning "Extended Memory" and "Heap (Private) Memory" per process in SM66. However I'm not able to find them in NW740 SP8.

SAP Lower Release:

SM66-->Process list-->Display-->Memory Usage

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Yes, The SAP memory management has been changed from SAP NW 7.4 SP08.

Now You can get all the Extended memory, Heap memory details through report " rsmemory "

Run tcode SE38 and execute report "rsmemory"

I hope this helps you

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

Thanks for your reply. Report "rsmemory" is useful but still AL08 is more helpful for my case so far. As I would like to see memory usage per user process(session), global overview (i.e. all application servers active users). Regarding report "rsmemory" there is an enhancement on work process view in NW 7.4 SP8, however for the info what I need to see is less. Moreover after click button "Work Processes" the result seems it is per instance but not system-wide.

NW 7.4 SP8 in report "rsmemory" -->click button "Work Processes"

NW 7.4 SP3 -->SM66 (My original expectation)

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

If you want to continue the old view of SM66 then you can achieve this through  tcode "SM66_OLD"

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin,

what you see there in RSMEMORY is not the EM usage or the HEAP usage (i.e. the EM and HEAP usage of a user session currently executing in a work process) but this output shows the size of so-called "PROC Memory" for each work process. PROC memory is process-local memory usage that is not specific to any user session, as explained in notes 2085980 and 2019744.  This memory is allocated even when a work process is idle...

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

Thanks a lot, very helpful. You are the first person to let me know there is a T-Code called SM66_OLD. Finally I find one relevant SAP Note by searching SM66_OLD. Thanks again.

2143496 - SM66/SM50 new layout in EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your information, useful to me. I also read Note 2019744. Regarding Note 2085980, seems not released yet. Anyway, I got much info already. Thanks again.

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

You're Welcome!

It would be nice, If you can mark this thread as answered - just helping people to find its worth to read.

Many thanks to you for sharing the Note to the group

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

I would like to mark this thread as answered. However I did not find how to close, haha...Would you please share?

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Please follow the below link to close a thread

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

Thanks again, marked as answered accordingly.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

corresponding to SM66 and SM66_OLD

there is also an AL08_OLD and AL08

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi guys, I recently updated my ERP to EHP7 SPs11 - NW 7.4 SPs13 on HANA. When I call Tcode SM50 it redirects to SM66?, I don´t find the old options for cancel a process with/without core. Is there any tcode as SM66_OLD but for SM50?

I also have another ERP system EHP7 SPs10 - NW 7.4 SPs12 on HANA, and in this system SM50 works as I usually did.

Thanks and best regards

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we also did an update to EHP7-SPS11 and NW-740_SPS13 (but no HANA)

the SM50 is still running (as before) with Option to cancel a Job with or without core.

so, maybe, it is depending on HANA-usage ?

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

you are not being redirected to SM66 but SM50 itself has the capability to show processes from all servers.

You can select which view you prefer as default by using menu  List->Configuration and then click or unclick option "system-wide list".

When you have the "system wide list" view, there is no menu function to cancel a process (since processes may be located on remote servers), only the traditional view offers this function.

Regards,

Alex

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin.

Memory usage can be seen in transaction AL08 and SM04 too.

🙂 Teddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teddy,

Thanks for your information. You are right, we could check global users "Net Memory" in AL08. Long time no try AL08, seems SAP also change its display layout but I missed. In NW740 lower version we still could check "Extended Memory" and "Heap (Private) Memory" per process in SM66 (at least in NW740 SP4/SP4 we could find it). No idea why SAP and since which patch level remove them out. I did not find relevant notes and did not google much out about that. Do you have any clue for it e.g. SAP web-link /statement/notes?