Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving in File adapter

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

I have noticed that in Sender file adapter, when I receive a file sent by 3rd party gets corrupt due to some problems, PI is not processing the file i.e. it no log is found in message monitor while the same file is archived as Archiving has been configured in the channel which leads us to not know whether there is any file which is not processed. Can you please guide me what is the reason of this behavior and how can I avoid it.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

There is an option in the channel, archive files with errors-

The logs are maintained in channel monotoring when that situation happens. Specify a different archive directory for error files with above mentioned option. that way u will have all failed file archived in separate folder.

Follow point 6 in processing parameter

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vikas

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for the repsone Vikas.

I have tried to implement as suggestedby you but still archving is happening in the original Archive Directory and not into the Faulty Aruchive directory.

Regards,

Abhishek

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abnishek,

What PI release and SP level do you use? Did you check SAP Notes 1963283 and 2074009, which describe how default behaviour of File adapter archiving of files with errors can be adjusted?

It is also worth collecting XPI Inspector trace for a used File sender channel so that you can identify particular errors that occurred during file polling and processing. For example, it makes sense if an exception was thrown and you want to customize the channel to recognize this exception is eligible for triggering archiving of files with errors logic instead of normal archiving (refer to a SAP Note 2074009).

Regards,

Vadim