cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete the selected Event Message in the SAP EM

0 Kudos

Good day.

Purpose: Selective deletion of event messages.

We are tracking several hundred resources. At times of high data resource system receives every second. Interested ability to selective deletion the event messages. For example, yesterday for the selected resource I see 10 event messages (route traffic resource). I want to delete every second, ie, leave 5 event messages.

I have read that the individual archive is not possible. I hope that it is possible to delete the individual. Tell me, please, what tool and how to do it.

Best regards,

Marat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marat,

You mentioned "I want to delete every second". If that's true? I like SAVE mode idea from Steffen if that's the case.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marat,

I don't think we have standard program function to leave 5 event messages and delete.  You have to use custom utility program and adjust the program to achieve what you need.

SAP EM provides standard tool program /SAPTRX/DELETE_EVMSG which deletes 100 days old event messages automatically, if you dont give residence time.  You can copy this program and enhance according to your requirement.

Also, please check following utility 

which may help you.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

The utility you recommended (Delete ALL EM Event Handlers and Messages) is most dangerous and should not be used at all in production environment under any scenario. This custom program should not even be imported to production. I am sure Zenon will agree with me on this.

As Steffen and you suggested, customizing /SAPTRX/DELETE_EVMSG is an option.

Thanks,

Vishnu

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marat,

you can selectively archive event messages:

In IMG:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

Event Management

Define Criteria for Event Message Processing

under "Save Mode" you have also possibilities to reduce after Event Message Processing. Just read the Documentation for details.

Another possibility is deletion only report /SAPTRX/DELETE_EVMSG. But here you have a residence time of minimum one day.

Best regards,

Steffen