Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling without filling prompt values

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatic scheduling reqd....My webi is based on the universe created on SAP BW database. Iam using SAP BOE XI..

How to get this below work in both options universe or/and webi. I wanted both the below prompts to be automated in a webi report.

Fiscal month Prompt 1: (Pls. note this is List Box)

When I run a WebI report today's date .. I should receive only previous month and previous to previous month data without filling the prompt Fiscal Month Multiple List of values (List Box) eg:  in JAN Format..(Ex. if the current month is

FEB, I should display DEC, JAN Data in report). This should work fine for all

months.  how can I get this done ?

Fiscal year Prompt 2: (Pls note this is List Box)

When I run a WebI report today' date.. I should receive only previous month Year and previous to previous month Year data without filling the prompt Fiscal Year Multiple List of values (List Box) eg: it is in 2012..Format, (Ex. if the current month is

FEB, I should display DEC 2015, JAN 2016 Data in report) ie. 2015 and 2016

how can I get this done ?

The another challenge i see here is if my Fiscal month Prompt next month is FEB then should receive only DEC 2014 and JAN 2015 data how to handle the year change to get data filtered accordingly.

Appreciate your help here mostly in webi itself otherwise in universe.

Regards,

Dinya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could build a calendar based universe that gives you the values in the format you need to serve as query filter values. Then create a second query based on your new calendar universe. Finally, set your query filter values to the results from the second calendar based query.

Here is a document describing how I did this for my company's unique needs...

Does that help?

Noel