cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario about alert configuration I have two sender and two receiver. I want when give server name of communication channel any of them are wrong then alert message will generates.

At first time I was create four alert categories for each of them and create individual rule of them and it worked fine. After that I deleted two category and create two rule in two remaining category. But it was not working at that time.

Now I reward back all the changes and test it but I have seen the only when I give the wrong receiver server name then it will work for two receivers but for the sender comm. Ch alert will not generates.

Please help me. I was created and deleted categories so many times that result remain same.

Cheers!

Samarjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1 -- ccms alerts - 1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2 -- ccms alerts -- 2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3 -- ccms alerts --- 3

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chilla,

The question here is very clear. What relevance to these links have to help solve this exact problem?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

thanks for your checking,

these links are useful to the above one , i hope these are related , bcz , he has dbt about alert configuration , first created and deleted .. , instead , that , i have reffered these links to verify the steps and troubleshooting also..

i hope , may be useful..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samarjit,

If I got your problem correctly, alerts are getting triggered for receiver side adapter failure but not for sender side adaptert failure.

If this is your case, I beleive you have not configured the alert rule properly in RWB.

In the alert rule <b>give only the sender side details</b>

1. Sender Service

2. Sender Interface

3. Sender Interface Name space.

Do not give any other value than sender.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i could not make you people to understand my scenario...

i have been created

1.alert category -- cat1-- alert rule -- rule1 (sender1)

2.alert category -- cat2-- alert rule -- rule2(receiver1)

3.alert category -- cat3-- alert rule -- rule3(sender2)

4.alert category -- cat4-- alert rule -- rule4(receiver2)

Working fine.

After that i have been created

1.alert category -- cat1-- alert rule -- rule1,rule3

2.alert category -- cat2-- alert rule -- rule2,rule4

Not working.

Again created

1.alert category -- cat1-- alert rule -- rule1

2.alert category -- cat2-- alert rule -- rule2

3.alert category -- cat3-- alert rule -- rule3

4.alert category -- cat4-- alert rule -- rule4

only cat2,cat4 working means alert msgs come to inbox.

NB:No problem with alert category configuration as well as alert rule.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is in any way, Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule selected in the Alert Rules? If yes, can you deselect this and then check again?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working Bhavesh Thanks for your kind help.What does it means of "Suppress Multiple Alerts"?

Cheers!

Samarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SAP Help,

<i>If the Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule checkbox is selected (default setting), then no further alerts are generated once the rule has been met until the first alert has been confirmed.</i>

When an alert is sent for a particular error, until the alert is confirmed, no further alerts for the same error would be triggered.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly what Jai has pointed out.

Log on to your alert inbox, for every alert you will have an option --> CONFIRM. This is used to confirm that the alert has been received by the recipeint.

If you select suppress multiple alerts of this rule, the alert will be trigggered only once until the alert is not confirmed.

Regards

Bhavesh