Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odata API for Successfactor

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need to use Odata in SFSF adpater to call API on Successfactor.

I have gone through link. My doubt was how do we create the request format that is sent in header in the step 4 .Is it possible using the communication channels in PI or any other way around.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Rama.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

If you want to model the SFSF operations, you HCI's Operation Modeler to model it.

The following shows you how the SFSF adapter can be configured.

And towards the end, it links to the following article for the modelling part.

The blog refers to Eclipse Juno, but HCI now supports Eclipse Luna for its latest plugins. Refer to the following on HCI installation on Luna instead.

SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng,

I have gone through Above links and were useful. But, I wanted to find out if it is possible using Swing clients. I have dual stack system PI 7.4.

Can I design ESR and ID part as such to query OData API. I was able to do so for SFAPI in EC.

But I was facing issue while trying to create request/response for Odata API.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,

Rama.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

What exactly is the issue you face creating request/response for the API? Can you share further?

The way I see it, for the normal ESR and ID tasks, you should have no problem using the Swing clients. Only the modelling part requires using the HCI plugin and that is independent of whether you use Swing or NWDS for the ESR and ID part.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eng,

Sorry for delay. I was trying to create a SOAP to SFSF(odata) synchronous scenario.

where I would pass some userId or any dynamic value to query Odata API.

But my problem is I am not able to pass data to Odata adapter dynamically. Like I want to pass some userID using SOAP UI and want Odata adapter to query the API based on the user ID.

I could only find the option to give fix values to the adapter in "Resource Path" and the operation that I need to perform with API in "Operation type Parameter".

My doubts are - Do I need to create new Channel for each sort of operations or query I want to do?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,

Rama.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share some screenshots on how you actually achieve it using SOAP UI, i.e. config, payload, endpoint, etc?

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng,

I was able to complete the configuration by adding correct xsd with correct resource path to the ESR and communication channel respectively.

Regards,

Rama.

Answers (0)