Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

In production system we have 115 GB database size. Now we want to copy this data to Quality server, for this thing i have created new client in quality server. Now only free space on HDD is 25 GB. So it that possible to copy client from production to quality server...?? Database is MS SQL 2005 and platform is Windows NT.

Please experts give their comments.

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Remote Client copy SCC9 Tcode used for this.(Create a New client via tcode SCC4 and apply remote client copy process on this client)

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

That steps i know. But problem is space on quality server is 25 GB free and data on production server is 115 GB. so client copy will be finished or not ...??

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur Prd is having 115 GB then u shud provide the same room in QAS by adding an aditional storage device and extend the tablesapce to this new device and start client copy..I would recomend to do a client export import method rather than going for RFC

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charanjit,

Simple answer is no. Client copy wont go through in this case. Of course it is a different matter altogether if you increase hard disk space.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

Thanks for your reply. But I dont know client Import & Export procedure. Can you more focus on this ? So I will be more clarified on this topic.

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi charanjit,

here are the details.

Client copy and export includes the following:

Client dependent customizing

Client independent customizing ( if chosen )

User masters and authorizations ( if chosen )

Application data ( if chosen )

Please note all of these are just table entries in the database.

Repository objects such as programs, function modules, tables etc. are NOT included in client copy/export etc.

If you want to include repository objects as well, you should do a "system copy", also known as "homogenous system copy". Here you basically copy the complete database from one system to another, and do post processing on SAP. Thus everything, including repository objects is transferred.

SCC8 is the transaction for Client Export.

Rewarding points is the best way to appreciate.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

FYI

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f7/144b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm">Check this</a>

Regards

Umesh K

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

But I want to copy only Vendor & Customer Master from production to quality, so which profile should I take while client coping ...??

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_ALL All client-specific data without change document

SAP_APPL Customizing and application data

SAP_CUST Copy Customizing data

SAP_CUSV Customizing and report variants

SAP_EXBC Customizing, users incl. client-independent data

SAP_EXPA Export all data incl. client-independent data

SAP_EXPC Export Customizing including cross-client data

SAP_RECO Recovery (only for source client = target client)

SAP_UAPP User master records, report variants, applic. data

SAP_UCSV Customizing, variants, and user master records

SAP_UCUS User master records and Customizing

SAP_USER User master records and authorization profiles

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charanjit,

In this case create a ALE connection between production and quality using message types CREMAS and DEBMAS.

And then send customer and vendor master using transactions BD12 and BD14. No real need for client copy.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I have made logical system with quality. It is showing in SALE t-code also. Now what is the next procdure for BD12 & BD14 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charanjit,

Since the data is moving from production to quality the logical system for your quality system should be present in production. I guess you have done that .

Now create an RFC destination with the same name as quality logical system. It will be a RFC destination of type 3 (R/3). Believe me 1:1 relation of logical system and RFC destination will make it easy for you. Give the details of quality system in RFC destiantion (details like IP, system numner,client,user and password). Note that the user should exist in your quality system and should have sufficient authorizations not only for processing idocs in quality system but also for creationg and changing cuastomer and vendor master data. Create an RFC destination for production system in quality system as well.

Next go to BD64 in production and create a ALE model view. Use production logical system as sender system and quality logical system as receiving system. Guve message type as CREMAS and DEBMAS. Generate the partner profiles and distribute the model to quality. Generate the partner profile in quality system as well.

Another way is to create a partner profile for quality in production using transaction WE20 and CREMAS and DEBMAS as outbound paramters .

Also create similar partner profile in quality for production but using CREMAS and DEBMAS as inbound paramters .

Once you are through this go to BD12 or BD14. Give the customer/vendor details and execute it.

Also check this link:

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/general/0,295582,sid21_gci1130337,00.html

for setting up ALE models.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charanjit,

To focus more on BD12 and BD14 here is the following:

BD12:

In the field customer give the customer number. If you want all customers to move use value *.

In out put type give DEBMAS. Ideally the same message type which you have used in ALE model.

In logical system give value of your quality logical system.

If you are sending all customers execute in background. If doing it for the first time I would recommend doing first for only 1 customer.

In BD14 give vendor number or use * as you wish.

In message type give cremas.

In logical system give value of your quality logical system.

Then execute accordingly.

Please let me know if this worked out.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply. But dear i m not sure to do this. Our operation is very critical and this activity is just like take the chance. So yaar aur koi rasta nahi hai ...?? because i have never do this thing in past. Tell me different way yaar .. if possible ..

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charanjit,

From criticality perspective I can definitely understand your point of view. However this is something I have been doing this in our project and doing it pretty regularily. And just not for customers and vendors but for a lot of other master data.

The other options available are may be SAP_APPL profile client copy.

Distribution through BD12 and BD14 is probably the easiest way.

Please let me know your concerns.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Thanks dear .. you are helping me. But kabhi yaar aisa pahele kabhi kiya nahi hai. but in SAP_APPL profile the whole database will be copied ? and there is not much space on hdd. Bura fas gaya hun yaar ....!!

Let me do tomorrow.

Once again thanks dear.

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Charanjit,

You are welcome. If solved dont forget to award points. If the issue persisits please let me know tommorow.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Yupz dear ...

forget about points, we will do party ... !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I made some changes in production system for authorization and roles for some users now i want to copy only those users authorization which is changed in production so how can i do it

I have open test server and next step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh

Thanks your information looks to be quite interesting I want to ask you one thing

I have made some changes in Production for authorization and roles now i want to export only those changes for the users in Test server so how can i do it

do i have to lock all production users or can be done online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think problem is with production system that has been updated directly. Now question is how to update development system so that new developent can be started using transport system. If remote client copy is not recomanded then how is it possible transport without creating new domain controller and transport system. whether is it advisable to delete current transport system ? while production is started.

Please reply soon.

With best regards

Dharmendra Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this situation client copy is not recomended, Use s system copy..it will do better than a client copy..Still u want to copy the client, u will have to extend the respective tablespaces by adding datafiles..do a client export import rather going for scc9.

Check the notes 118823 , 489690

regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think problem is with production system that has been updated directly. Now question is how to update development system so that new developent can be started using transport system. If remote client copy is not recomanded then how is it possible transport without creating new domain controller and transport system. whether is it advisable to delete current transport system ? while production is started.

Please reply soon.

With best regards

Dharmendra Kumar