cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in 4.2 SP6 Upgrade Install

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm upgrading a client from 4.2 SP5 to 4.2 SP6.  During the upgrade install, I get an error message that it is unable to upgrade the IS repository.  The error says to run ISRepositoryUtility to complete the upgrade.

I run ISRepositoryUtility using the upgrade instructions from the IS Admin Guide.  It starts running and then I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: MITI/bridges/bo/mm/DataModelResource : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

Please reference the following SAP Note (you'll need to log into the SAP Support Portal):

2259955 - ISRepositoryUtility fails with class exception Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Cheers!
Julie

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I get the message "Document Not Released" when I try to get to the document that you link to.  Would it be possible for you to either paste its contents here or download as a PDF and attach it?

Thanks!

-Dell

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

I'm so sorry I didn't notice it hadn't been released. I contacted the person responsible and it should be available now.

Regarding pasting the contents into the SCN or attaching a pdf; as the Knowledge Base is only available for customers with valid maintenance contracts, this isn't allowed.

I hope the SAP Note is useful to you. Should you have further trouble regarding the issue, please log a new SAP Support Incident.

Kindest regards,
Julie

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to have resolved the problem.  Thanks for your help!

-Dell

Answers (0)