cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Seneder issue

0 Kudos

This issue is very unusual. I am using a SFTP sender communication channel which is able to see the SFTP server and the folder in there but unable to poll the file from inside it. It is not throwing any error but showing message as if there is no file in the server.

However I am able to login to the unix server of SAP PO and use sftp command and get the file from the SFTP server.

It is just the sender communication channel which is not able to locate the file and poll it from the server.

When I am changing the communication channel to receiver it is able to put files in the same folder without any issue.

Please note that all the permission for the PO user are given in the SFTP folder, as I am able to get the file from PO unix server.

The only unusual thing in it is that it is using port 25.

Can someone please help me if any one has faced this issue recently.

Attached are the screen shots of the comm channel and the unix box

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhra, It looks like the folder or the file is not having the sufficient read/write/execute permission to process the file. If the file doesn't have the permission it will not be identified by the channel . Please test by changing the permission of the file manually or through the UNIX command . Refer the URL for more info on the commands to check Unix File Permission / Access Modes , It should be helpful.

- Muru

0 Kudos

No luck yet.

Tried with creating a new channel and it did not work.

Used the file name as *.*, *.xml, S*.xml, nothing has worked.

There has been no lock in the SFTP channel verified by basis.

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It could be then a cache issue. Check the cache monitoring in the RWB and make sure all the entries are in green.

~Srini

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>

Used the file name as *.*, *.xml, S*.xml, nothing has worked.

They are not proper regular expressions. You need to give a valid expression.( They work with standard file adapter but not SFTP)

try ".*\.xml"(highlighted below) to pick all the files with .xml as extension

Refer to my reply under below thread for more info and to test Regular expressions.

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This could be due to some Java lock on the SFTP channel. Check if there is any java lock exists for this channel thru NWA and clear the same.

~Srini

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is file search criteria that you configured in the channel?  SFTP adapter uses regular expressions so you might want to verify that.

If you don't see any issues with configuration, make use of XPI inspector which should be able to capture more details.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subhrapratim

Had faced similar issue just copied the channel with new name and made respective changes in sender agreement give it a try!

Br,

Manoj

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrapratim,

Check below sap note.

2209496 - SFTP Sender Not Polling and does not give error

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhra,

We also faced the similar issue because of connectivity.

Tell your basis team to check on this