cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help of profit center in cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have recently migrated to MDG 8 from MDG 6.1. We have some strange things about the search help of the field profit center in cost center. When I search the profit center, in the result list, nothing found.

We have 2 different edition type, 0G_PC for the profit center and 0G_CC for the cost center. All editions are created with the same start date (for one type, only one opening edition each time of course). In MDG 6.1, we can search the existing profit center in cost center change request without any problem. And now even the profit centers exist and activated in the previous released editions, we can't access to them. Does that means since MDG 8, the search help works only with the data in the current edition?

Any idea please. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ruijia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the documentation in class CL_MDGF_GUIBB_FORM , it seems  profit centres in the current edition are determined.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Thanks for the reply.

Does that means every time we create a new edition, we will loss all profit centers in the search help until the profit center is changed again in the current edition? That's weird and anti-humanity.

Best regards,

Ruijia

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruijia,

I don't think so. Surely it seems to be some bug. Our system was also upgraded today from MDG 7.0 to MDG 8.0  and I could reproduce this issue.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm creating the OSS message for this issue.

Best regards,

Ruijia

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue has been resolved with note 2220094:Correction on QUERY method

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghuram,

Thanks for giving the note. We have implemented it. But the profit center search help in cost center still finds only the profit centers in the current edition.

So if we release the edition and create a new one. then we use the profit center search help in a new cost center, it will find nothing.

We are still waiting for the reply of the OSS message.

Best Regards,

Ruijia