cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a small Supply chain 1 product , 1 sales location and 1 factory.

All the lead times in the transportation lane are zero

Now suppose I have a demand of 100 in week 1 ( there is no other demand in entire horizon aprt from this) and I run the SNP network heuristic for above network the system satisfies the demand in week 1 by producing 100 in Week 1 but then plans production of 100 in each of future bucket despite the fact that there is no demand.

anyone faced this behavious earlier? any solutions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath & Harish,

Thanks for your responses.

The situation is there is as under:

1. No Min or Max Lot Size Maintained.

2. No Opening Stocks i.e. Stocks are Nil.

3. No Safety Stocks requirement maintained.

When I check at the Plant, the system goes on producing till the end of the horizon & I can see the same in the product view as well the SNP Planned Orders created by the system.

Also, I could replicate the problem in all our environments i.e. Development, QA & Sandbox, the behaviour of the system is same.

Is there any thing to do with Version?? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds odd

does this happen when the demand for 100 is not there in week1?

is this happening for every product?

does it happen if you run just the location heuristic at the sales location?

in the product view at factory location you need to see where the target location is....

check the product view at the sales location and see if it is getting these planned orders as receipts

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mangesh,

Really odd behavior. I have no clue. Guess you need to check for Notes in SMP. I do not think there is anything to do with version - assume you are using 000.

In fact there is no setting in Model Version Management that can cause this kind of planning.

Given the fact you can replicate the problem in all your environments it seems to be something fundamental - either master data or system issue.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Are there any macros in your planning book that may explain this behaviour?

Former Member
0 Kudos

cant think of anything else:....

have you set up your Product at factory location as an in-house product?

Are there any active transportation lanes with Source: Sales location Target: Factory?

also check if there is any PPM for the product. You might be creating dependent demand that is looping somewhere to create the orders

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Other than what Hairsh has mentioned do you have any safety stock requirement defined. Please check what is you Stock On-Hand keyfigure showing before and after the Heuristic Run.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl

Check what your lot size strategy is and what the min lot size (and rounding qty) is in the product master for the location product.

Can you also look at the situation in the product view? is there any other demand coming up in the network

Also is you transportation lanes set up only from Factory to Sales location and not looped (am sure the system might have warned you)?