Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Message Flow

jyoti_kulkarni2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to SAP PI. I am working on Monitoring mainly. I would like to understand more clearly on following points :-

1) Inbound and Outbound Messages with respect to both PI and ECC

2) Message flow in PI i.e right from sender to PI and PI to receiver (Diagram will be really helpful)

3) How to find the given message in the system is coming from Sender, coming from receiver or going to sender or receiver.

4) If given IDOC number , what checks to be done to find out where to find the message in system?

5) Similarly for message id, what basic checks to be done?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jyothi,

the below are the Transaction codes if you are in SAP PI Dual stack.

PI:(ABAP Stack)

SMQ1 - outbound queue(from Pi)

SMQ2 - inbound Queue(to Pi)

SM58- transactional RFC

SXMB_MONI - XML messages flow.

SM37 - Jobs status

IDX1 - IDOC Port

IDX2 - IDOC Meta Data

PI RWB:

Component Monitoring
channel monitoring

message monitoring(AE & IE)

cache monitoring

Alert inbox

Engine status

ECC:

SMQ1 - outbound queue(from ECC)

SMQ2 - inbound Queue(to ECC)

SM58- transactional RFC

SXMB_MONI - XML messages flow.

We02 or We05 - Idoc Status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Questions you are asking is very basics so I would tell you that yourself can able to answers those if you understand the basics of PI so kindly learn the basic of PI from below link where you can clear your doubts :

Once you are done with the above link use the below links from that you could able to distinguish the topics in easily :

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Process+Orchestration+-+Process+Integration+-+Exchange+Infra...

PI 7.0 and 7.1 Mapping - Blogs, Articles, Wiki, Code Samples and Videos Collections - Process Integr...

FAQ - Main page - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

QA for PI - One stop for all (Part - 1) - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

Cheers,

Chandan

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

I agree with Raghuraman, however regarding 4.you should not use WE19 as it is for IDoc copy/manual idoc creation.

In case you want to find idoc in SAP ERP side for example, then use WE05 or WE02 (quite similar)

On SAP PI dual stack you can search for idoc in transaction IDX5

On SAP PI/PO single stack (Java only) you can search for idocs in "Monitoring and configuration"(http://<host>:<port>/pimon) and then choose Message Monitor -> Database. Idocs needs to have leading zeros when searching directly.

Cheers,

Chris

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi

1) Inbound and Outbound Messages with respect to both PI and ECC

With respect to ECC and PI message coming in is Inbound,message going out is Outbound

2) Message flow in PI i.e right from sender to PI and PI to receiver (Diagram will be really helpful)

3) How to find the given message in the system is coming from Sender, coming from receiver or going to sender or receiver.

Based on ICO configurations

You can check the same in Run time workbench(Sender and receiver systems)

4) If given IDOC number , what checks to be done to find out where to find the message in system?

Go to IDOC Monitoring in run time bench and find it( in case of single stack)

For Dual stack(check in WE19)

5) Similarly for message id, what basic checks to be done?

Using Message ID you can search for message in Run time workbench and SXMB_Moni.

You can refer the below links for flowdiagrams and other details.

http://help.sap.com/nwpi