cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IDT 4.1: The variable does not have the same properties as variable in the data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an SAP HANA Business Layer in IDT 4.1 Support Pack 6, based on the HANA calculation view. I have 2 input parameters and 1 variable configured in HANA view.

It is fetching the data without any issue, when I create a sample query in the Business Layer on giving the values for 2 input parameters and 1 variable.

But, I can see the error in integrity check:

"Check Variable"; "The variable (mentioned 2 input parameter details) does not have the same properties as variable in the data source".

The properties of input parameters for example, Data type and selection type are same as in the data source.

I could not even have the option of editing the properties of Variables in data foundation layer (the place where the HANA variables & input parameters are available).

Can anyone help on this to resolve this error?

Best Regards

Badri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun garaga,

Im facing the same issue but in 4.2 SP2. In my case I have two input parameters from HANA and both are dimensions. Im attaching the screenshot of the error i got, for your reference. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Could you please check the Data type in HANA view ?

Is that parameter is Dimension or Measure?

Could you please screenshot of error?

Thanks,

Vaurn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Can you run a "Refresh structure" in the data foundation to see if this will change the variables definition?

Didier

shruti_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Didier ,

I had tried refreshing the structure. It does not change .

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Thanks,

Vaurn

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Thanks,

Vaurn

shruti_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Badri ,

I am facing a similar issue. Did you get a resolution to this ?