cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One file got transferred from PI into two files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We got an issue in PI, it's a file to file scenario.

Every day a full file got processed through PI and few partial files. All the files with dynamic file name added time stamp to it in PI.

on one particular day two full files got triggered but, in that only one file got triggered at sender end, and i assume that the second file would be the partial file which was named incorrectly in PI and processed through PI , and one more unusual thing is with the same amount of data( which we assume full file incorrectly named in PI and got processed) one more file got processed through PI this time its partial file.

So my assumption is one file got triggered at sender end but, from PI the same file got processed two times as full and partial.

Could any one please let me know the cause for this issue.

Note: I am unable to check the logs as, the retention period for the logs are very short in PI.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ramu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like your PI sender channel is picking the file before even it is completed. That's why it is triggered partially for the 1st time and then as a full file during the 2nd attempt.

Try to set 'Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check' in the sender channel to some 5000. This will make the channel to fail if it tries to pick the file while writing and will wait till the file is completely written & available.

~Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we get the logs anywhere else.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramu,

Did you check in Run time work bench?

former_member182412
Active Contributor