Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisations of archived documents challenge - HR

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys can you please help with this one? It is a challenge, we have activated optical archiving so documents are scanned into the system and some are linked to infotypes for example CV’s, marriage certificates etc all are scanned and can be viewed in PA20 or PA30 etc. All are linked to Infotypes.

The challenge is that we are looking for a solution to restrict access based on time dependent authorizations. We currently have the object P_DURATION activated and this performs time dependent info type locking, ie we can say administrators can see infotype records for IT0015 only 1 year backwards, beyond a year access is blocked.

We would like to do the same for archived documents but we have not found a solution yet, can anyone help?

Has anyone worked on this yet? It is a good challenge, one that has got me pulling my hair all day J

Thank you,

Dimtri

1 REPLY 1

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have seen that you are an expert in security and authorization, are you able to shade any light on the archive link authorisations, my questions and scenario above.

Thank you,

Dimtri.