Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Strategy Improvement Notes

omkar_kuldharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on Solution Manager 7.1 SP06 system and i need to setup 'Import Strategy for Transport Request'. On SP 06 we can setup import strategy but not with status and selection pop-up.

SP 06 :

Required as of in SP10 onwards :

Are there any SAP Notes applicable for SP06 through which we can achieve options like 'Import by status and selection popup' ?

Br,

Omkar Kuldharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

this feature is introduced in SP10 so you need to do upgrade of your existing system..refer below

SP06 is anyway too old and you need to go for upgrade

I would suggest to prefer for upgrade to benefit from all the features mutually on latest version

Thanks

Prakhar

omkar_kuldharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I agree with you to upgrade SAP Solution Manager version to at least SP 10 to best use of solution manager capabilities. But till the time i upgrade and because of urgent requirement, i was thinking to get best import strategy functionality working on SP06. Hence, i was looking for SAP notes.

Thank You Prakhar.

Br,

Omkar Kuldharan

omkar_kuldharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

For CSOL and Downgrade Protection check settings also do i need to upgrade to SP10 onwards or can we have standard SAP Notes ?

SP 06 : Central CSOL and DGP settings. Not provides functionality of cross project.

Later to SP 10: Can enhance DGP depending upon project relation, change type relation, etc.

Br,

Omkar Kuldharan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar

ofcourse there are improvements in each areas of CSOL or DGP etc and this is why it is important to plan upgrade.

further you should alos plan for central cts which streamlines everything CSOL DGP etc as perSP10 you can check below what is enhanced similarly later you can see for SP13 or later

Change Control Management - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)