cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensig of SPNego SSO for SAP NetWeaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Right now we are solving situation with licensig of SPNego SSO for SAP NetWeaver Portal (SAP AS Java).

For many years our customers and basically most of the customers on Czech market with SAP Portal have been using SPNego SSO to SAP Portal.

Its described for example here: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=72940

The important information is that this functionallity was always free, included in SAP Portal licence, no additional license cost.

Now with launch of SAP Single Sign On it seems to me that this functionality is part of license?

SAP Single Sign-On

Am I right?

What are you advising to tell to customers?

They are using some functionallity for years and for free and its not possible to explain them that functionallity which they alredy have and was free is now licensed...

I hope that I am wrong and SPNego for SAP Portal is still free and is not part of the SAP Portal/Java license.

To make it clear, I am talking only about SPNego for Portal/Java, not SPNego for ABAP/GUI.

Thanx a lot for any help, information and explanation

Regards

Ondrej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Ondrej,

SCN is usually not the right place for licensing discussions.

That being said, SPNEGO for Portal (AS Java) does not require the mentioned SAP Single Sign-On license.

Best regards,

Christian 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martina_K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please don't use this discussion forum for licensing questions. Contact your SAP Account Executive who will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot, for an answer, I will contact you directly in case of any other licensing questions,.

Regards

Ondrej