Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 :: Repository & Directory details in Database

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am in a situation that makes me wonder where are all the details we enter in the integration directory being stored !

For example,  the details we enter in a File Adapter (Transport Protocol, Source Directory, Target Directory, Archive path ...)

These details have to be stored some where in a Database table. I have gone through quite a number of ABAP & JAVA tables with no luck.

The Ultimate goal is to segregate Communication channels of 'File' Adapter type based on their Transport Protocol (NFS/ FTP).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

All your Inputs helped me gain some idea on what I am stepping into and how to proceed further.

XI_AF_CPA_CHANNEL  <---- This table had the answer to my question.

Thank you all for the valuable inputs.

Regards

Sam

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If your problem was solved, please close the thread with your reply as correct answer.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Alternative way that can be considered is not to access database layer directly, but query communication channel configuration data via application layer, using a standard SOAP web service which is a part of Integration Directory API and is exposed by SAP PI systems - CommunicationChannelService. Particularly speaking, you may call its operation query to get a list of communication channels for a specific communication component or channels matching specific name pattern. After this, you may call operation read for required communication channels obtained from the output of the previously called operation and providing a list of party / communication component / communication channel name in a request. In the output, you will get configuration details of corresponding communication channels, where you can filter them by the attribute TransportProtocol.

Details and example regarding usage of Integration Directory API can be found in following blogs: , , .

Regards,

Vadim

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

That is an interesting scenario however since I am working on XI 7.0 and the tutorial you have shared supports XI 7.1 & NWDS 7.1, Ill have to look for an alternative.

Thanks for the help.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Integration Directory API exists in PI release 7.0 systems, too. As it is indicated in one of blogs I referred to, this API was introduced in XI 3.0 SP21 / PI 7.0 SP13.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Thank you for the comment. It sure did help.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Have you checked these links?

XI Tables - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vila,

Thanks for the links. They did help me understand my situation better but not much to help me move forward. Appreciate your help. Thanks again.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

When you search in directory click on extended and search where adapter type is file and port equals to 21 then you will get only FTP channels.

If you leave blank in value2 above you will get all the file communication channels then you can remove the FTP list from this then you will get NFS channels.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

That looks like a cool way to achieve my requirement unfortunately, XI 7.0 does not seem to have the 'Adapter type' attribute in search section. Have to look for an alternate. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Check the below tables

XI_DIRDATACHANNEL

XI_DIRDATACHANNEL

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sritharan,

Thanks for the comment. As advised, I did check the table & it did have communication channel details but it had around 10000 extra rows. I did not have time to check more on that table. Thanks anyway.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine Sam,I guess you will have filtering option.