Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success factors - PI SFTP Public Keys For Private Key Based Authentication

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

now I am using Password based authentication in SAP PI SFTP receiver CC to connect Success factors SFTP folder.

But my client need private key based authentication in PI SFTP channel.

For that what I have to do? please help me.

I am thinking like, we need to provide our(PI) SFTP public keys to SF team and then they need to import those keys into SF system against the SFTP user.

is it correct.

or we need to do anything more than that?

Please suggest me..

Thanks In Advance,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

You also need to ensure that port 22 of your PI system is enabled. And the main thing would be about the key based authentication, for which you can refer the link provided by Eng swee.

You can also refer to the below PDF, for the configuration details -

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/c78565d64f774a8543b33e40855a31201438e31bca9927abbd3e0ff1e993ef...

Regards,

Nitin

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have saved SFTP public keys as mentione in the above link under 4.2 section.

But Now i am getting below error.

please help me...

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

Noticed that you opened a few more threads for the similar issue. If your original query in this thread has already been answered, please close this thread. Please avoid having multiple threads open on the same issue.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

Refer to the SFTP section of the blog below. It has links to two Wikis that provide you step by step guide on using SFTP key based authentication.

It has very comprehensive and clear steps and should be quite straightforward to perform.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

You can refer the below link as welll

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

IMHO, you don't need to mark every single response to your threads as a helpful answer. It is better that you just mark the responses that really helped you in your particular issue. Doing so will also help others who encounter the same issue in the future and come across your thread to zoom in on the really useful responses. Marking everything as helpful (especially when they are not) will confuse others in the future, plus it might encourage others to just simply reply to your threads with irrelevant answers in hopes of getting answers. You will end up wasting your time and effort in going through all these answers which might be of no use to you. If you want to appreciate someone for taking time to answer your query, but the response was not relevant to it, you can just hit the Like button.

As for the above response, I can't figure out how that would be helpful in your case as the provided link has nothing to do with SFTP at all.

Rgds

Eng Swee

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yeoh,

Thanks for your suggestion/advice.

why I am clicking helpful answer was, I am respecting my Guru's who spent some time on my queries.

That is the only way I have now to respect the Guru's.

Now Onward I will click like button only if it is not useful to  me.

I have started that thing from you only.

I have clicked like button for your Advice/suggestion...

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! This will help to improve the content in SCN for everyone.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You So much Yeoh for giving such a good advice...

I will try beyond my level to improve the content in SCN to others...

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats Great Vishnu.:)

@ Engg.Please allow him to give points only to my comments so that I will get more points.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't get it. Why do you want to get more points just for the sake of getting points? Instead focus on providing relevant answers that will help other SCN members.

SCN is not a place about racing to get the most points, it is first and foremost a knowledge sharing platform for the intention of assisting all those who work on SAP solutions.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Engg, I Know..Just kidding..Dont take it much serious.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Didn't look like you were kidding.