Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding mask creation

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing an issue while creating a project coding mask. When I am creating a coding mask with specific letter S, its showing error that Projects/wbs with specified coding mask can not be changed or deleted. Henceforth I checked in the system and found one project with SAP-TEST. Hence I archived the project by setting the deletion flag as the status. There are no any projects with S and no coding mask with S as well.

Even though I am getting same error " Projects/WBS elements with the editing mask S still Exist". Also tried to create new project with S, but system is not allowing me to create a project with S.

How can I create new Coding mask with S ? Kindly let me know if any work around there?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Seshagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the existing project to not start with an S or change it to match the coding mask.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

please confirm would you able to create new coding mask with S with ken;s prompt solution?

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is not allowing me to change the project name as suggested by Kens.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Project name can't be changed (it depends on the system status) then you will need to archive the project to remove it from the database.

Or, you could modify the new coding mask to start with S?. If you add another starting character to the coding mask you avoid the conflict with the existing project.  Just don't use SA.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest to business user its not possible in standard system either you have to delete project from system OR alternative create coding mask with other alphabetic instead of S.

Regards,
Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

Setting deletion flag does not archive the project, you need to remove it from Table level.

Refer below link for Archiving project structure

Archiving Operative Project Structures (PS-ST-OPR) - Project System (PS) - SAP Library

If there is no project available, then only you will be able to edit the coding mask

Refer below notes

520944 - Problems when/after creating/transporting editing masks

421212 - Check report for editing masks

521625 - Apparent inconsistencies during the creation of projects

Regards

Terence

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thank you for the response.

The Business don't want to remove the project from the system, hence I didn't do it. If we remove the project, then of course we can create or edit mask. so can you guide me any other way to create new mask by making the current project dummy/null for some moment so that the coding mask can be created?

Regards,

Sesha

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

1.Create a dummy coding mask

2. Open the Closed Project and assign the coding to the dummy coding mask (at REL status, you can edit the project coding mask)

3. You can edit the old coding mask

I haven't tested, but check how it work

Regards

Terence