Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Creme JVM for WM 2005 / MI Client for PDAs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i am using a Dell Axim X51v with WM 2005

I found in one thread that i need to use: CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB

but when a go to: http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabname=me (SAP Note 772334)

I put: Target CPU: Intel ARM PXA Series

Target Operating System : Windows Mobile 5.0

Them i only get:

CrEme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB

You can install this application in the Handheld without problems, but when you try to search for the program Creme (Start -> Programs you can't see it).

Please can somebody say me where can i download this files:

- CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB

- SAP MI Client that run on the Creme JVM (There is one?), i have the MI Client (NWMCLIENT10_0-20000910) this works in the desktop environment, (inside there is a file called NWM_JSP_WIN32.zip) but obviously this will don't work .... with the Creme JVM:

Best regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick

The link mentioned by you is the perfect link to donwload SAP Certified Creme JVMs. If you have selected WM5.0 as your OS option, then ideally CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB should be available for download and not CrEme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB. I feel this might be an error in the NSIcom web page. I will follow up with NSIcom and get this resolved and intimate you. Thanks for pointing out the defect

Regarding the MI Client installation for PDA, in the NWMCLIENT10_0-20000910 file apart from NWM_JSP_WIN32.zip there is another file called NWM_JSP_WINCE.zip. Under this you will fine the cab file MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB and this file will install MI on PDA.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar, Thanks a lot for your help.

I made a mistake, i say you: CrEme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal

but is really : CrEme327<b>b</b>_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal

I try again, and i am getting <b>CrEme327b_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal</b>

Server: http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

NSICOM web-site is the right place.

You can't see it in Start. It's not a program but it kicks ON when you restart PDA.

You can see it (and remove if required) in System - Remove Software.

There are two ways CREME is delivered these days: as CAB and EXE.

For CAB - with ActivevSync copy to the device. Double-click it will execute.

For EXE - execute on desktop (PDA has to be connected with ActiveSync and waiting) and it will be installed on the device through desktop.

I think, everyhting is fine with your installation. You are just looking for it's presence in the wrong place.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

See i installed the Creme machine, after that i installed this file:

MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.cab

When i saw in programs there i Internet Explorer Link: (Mobile Engine Home) it try to go to this site:

<b>file://\MI\os_select.html</b>

It gives an error: Server can't be found or there is a DNS error.

Did you know if there a SAP Note that explain how to configure it?

Ah! after the installation of the program in the Handheld, it advertise that the program was designed for windows mobile 2003. i have windows mobile 2005...

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

The DNS error that you see is when you actually open MI using the os_select.html is due to the fact the MI is not completely started when you clicked on the file. Because of the change in architecture in WM 5.0, it takes a longer time for tomcat to start up (MI relies on tomcat server). Hence one concrete solution to this problem is to wait for around 10 - 15 seconds after soft reset of the PDA and then click the os_select.html file. Else after the PDA is reset open the contents of jscpout.txt file and see for and entry "MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE 7.0 SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED" or "Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages". Once you see either of the above statements, run the os_select.html file and this should open MI successfully.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sivakumar

Thanks a lot!! the problem was solved, the thing is that i never did a soft restart!!

In fact when i did the restart it says:

ask me for user/password....

Instantly it display in the screen -> Creme is loading....

After i follow your instructions (start the Internet Explorer link, wait 10 seg, start again) and it works.

Them i found a lot of useful information about the Dell Axim X51V here: <a href="http://www.aximsite.com/">Link</a>

Best Regards

Erick Ilarraza

Answers (0)