cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project type dropdown empty when creating Project Mgmt Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A very strange issue that I have been facing and that is when creating a Project Management template the dropdown of Project type is coming empty.

The PPM configuration is working as expected.

- PPM and ECC are in same box.

- Project types have been enabled with Accounting integration.

- "Make General settings" and "Settings in ERP system" are already done.

- From Portfolio item to PPM Project to PS Project creation is working as expected.

- BADI for changing project profile and project external number ranges are working as expected.

So only the issue is that when creating a PPM Project template, no project types are displayed in drop-down.

Can someone please guide what am I missing?

Really expect Judith to comment on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya

We had this same issue a while back and I think it was authorisations related - very strange I know!

Will try find the detail but in the meantime perhaps you can run an authorisation check? Let me know

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chatsworth,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have had thought of this problem as well. Thanks for drawing my attention again. Currently I have SAP_CPR_USER role which has object CPRO_PTYPE (Authorization for Project type) set to value '*'.

But really strange still facing this issue.

Really appreciate your view in this. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

I understand you have SAP_CPR_USER. But inodrer for you to create Template, you will have to have Template Admin role. Or if you are using custom roles then at-least you must have the authorization object;  CPRO_DPT.

Anyhow you may check once SU53 for authorization check.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

Thanks for reply.

I have SAP_CPR_TEMPLATE_ADMINISTRATOR and SAP_CPR_PROJECT_ADMINISTRATOR roles assigned to my ID, and hence I have authorization object CPRO_DPT assigned.

It seems there is some issue with one of the development object.

Please let me know if anyone finds any clue reg this. Meantime I am also raising OSS; I will update when I get solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

you can set a breakpoint at the following coding part - then you can check, if you are receiving entries at:

CL_DPR_API_SERVICES

GET_OBJECT_TYPES_CUST

/  Do authority check - if requested

if iv_check_authority eq abap_true.

*     Retrieve permitted project types

call method cl_dpr_authorization_services=>get_permitted_project_types          <<<<<<<

importing

et_project_type = lt_project_type.

CL_DPR_AUTHORIZATION_SERVICES

GET_PERMITTED_PROJECT_TYPES

* Get all project types

CALL METHOD cl_dpr_pro_type_cust=>get_all_instances

RECEIVING

rt_type = et_project_type_cust.

LOOP AT et_project_type_cust INTO lr_pro_type.

Best regards,

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Judith,

Thanks again for your help.

Debugging the suggested method, it was clear that the problem was with authorization only. Funny part is, I have had appropriate roles assigned but profiles were not generated correctly.

Best Regards,

Aditya

PS: Awarding points to Chatsworth as he was the first one who replied with correct answer.

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

do you have any customer implementations in BAdI DPR_ATTRIBUTES that filters/clears project types for templates?

br,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Thank you for the prompt response.

We have implemented BAdI DPR_ATTRIBUTES but only methods SET_DEFAULTS_UPON_CREATION for the purpose of generating external numbering for Project definition and Phases. Other methods are having no logic implemented in it.

Does this have any impact on Project type listing in templates?

Also as per the business process, we have project creation happening from the Portfolio item. But when I tried creating a Project from Project Management, then in that case also, Project type list was not appearing in dropdown.

Really appreciate your view in this. Thanks

Aditya.