Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance to use SSF (or similar) to decrypt data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys, we need to decrypt data (strings), that has been encrypted before on other machines, most likely with AES. I did some research and found quite a few similar postings here, but the common response was always the same: there is no generic way to decrypt such data within SAP.

I have found an Open Source solution for AES encryption on GitHub, which might be an option in our case -- but in our project we would prefer a SAP standard solution.

Now, as far as I understand there is this SSF framework in SAP, which (also) handles HTTPS and SSL encryption/decryption. So I am wondering: is there really no way to use that SSF framework in order to achieve the AES decryption I am looking for? I have found the SSF02 report, which told me that our cryptolib would support AES, but I have not been able to decrypt any sample AES data from another system using that report.

Any ideas?

PS: As we don't want to call an external service for this, our plan B would be to write a shell script for the Linux host, called by our SAP system, which in turn would call OpenSSL for the decryption task. But that would really be our "last resort".

1 REPLY 1

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to set profile parameter ssf/ssf_symencr_alg to the AES algorithm which you used to encrypt data before using SSF02 to decrypt.

And function module SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE which allow you pass encryption algorithm could be useful as well.

In any case, you need to ensure you have specified sufficient PSE with the key which were used to encrypt data.

Thanks.

Jim