cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRCFND_A on a BW system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have two system in our landscape: ECC and BW. As usage of BW is minimum, our Basis team has decided to make it a GRC ABAP system and install GRCFND_A on BW system.

Is it technically possible to have GRC 10.0 configured in BW system? Will there by any technical issues in executing Risk Analysis?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the reply.

It seems our Basis team wants to go ahead with setting up in BW system as it is under utilized.

Hope there are no issues later.

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is this really the Basis team's call? I recommend you present the risks to your System Owner/Manager before they proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen,

Yes, I have done that. Manager's call is awaited for this decision.

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishu

There's more to it then whether or not you can put the add-on to BW component.

I recommend you have Basis review support packs, upgrades and system release, etc to see if you will have issues later on. For example, you might need to go to a higher release for GRC but BW cannot

Also, you will need to check with SAP Licenses on number of named users by using same system as both GRC and BW. If all BW users are GRC named users then this won't be an issue

Regards

Colleen

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will echo Colleen's comment.  The current GRCFND_A V1100 requires NetWeaverr 7.4.  That is the only verrsion that is supported for this version.  Even if you install the GRCFND_A component on your current server where BW is implemented, this will still be a SEPARATE instance of SAP (i.e. different SID than BW).  The same questoins that need to be asked when combining 2 different SAP components on the same server needs to be asked with GRC as well.

Thnaks.

Kevin Tucholke

Principal Consultant

SAP America

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes it is possible to implement GRCFND_A on ECC.

Regards

Plaban